club willoughby member consultation - 20/09/2017
The following information was presented to Club Members on the 20th of September 2017
current status of project
- There is no final architectural scheme at the present time, concepts have been worked on.
- The members are being asked to identify their ideas for their new Club facility.
- The design of the new Club influences how other components of the project are arranged on the site.
- The arrangement of all land uses on the site occurs with the preparation of a Master Plan.
- Once the Master Plan is finalised it is submitted to the NSW Department of Planning for approval as part of a Site Compatibility Certificate.
- Once a Site Compatibility Certificate is approved detailed architectural plans for the Development Application can be progressed.
the purpose of this session
- To introduce Hyecorp.
- To explain the Vision that underpins the Heart of Willoughby Project.
- To present the site analysis that underpins the Master Plan.
- To understand Club member expectations for the new Club and the type of facilities and services you would like to be included.
- To answer Club Member questions.
- To commence a positive dialogue for going forward.
stage 1 Pre consultation communication initiatives
- Communication Plan
- Establishment of Project Email and Website
- Briefing Sessions
- Adjoining Neighbour Meet & Greet, Briefing and Survey
- Stakeholder Round Table Breakfast
- Club Member Briefing and Survey
- Site Compatibility Consultation Report
- Heart of Willoughby Club Member Vision Report.
who is hyecorp
Hyecorp is a multi award winning mid-sized family owned Property Developer specialising in medium and high rise residential apartments. We have been operating for over 25 years and manage all stages of the process in house from concept to completion, including design, construction, sales and marketing
- Over 400 units over the last 5 year
- Completed projects in excess of $300m
- 100% pre-sales prior to completion of development
- Pipeline to deliver almost 500 units over the next 4 years
- 2017 grand opening of Sienna Willoughby by the Hon Gladys Berejiklian Premier of NSW
- Winner of Urban Development Institute of Australia Awards for Excellence 2017 for Affordable Housing for Sienna, Willoughby
- Winner of Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Awards 2017 for Affordable Housing for Sienna, Willoughby
- Winner of Urban Taskforce Development Excellence Awards 2016 for Medium Rise Metro Apartments for Sevana and Ariana
supporting the community
Major sponsors of:
- Northbridge Pro Am
- Willoughby Roos
- Lane Cove Cameraygal Festival
- Lane Cove Municipal Art Award
- City of Ryde Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament
- Ryde Business Forum
- Much more…
Community Grants Programme – Willoughby
- Willoughby Badminton Association
- North Sydney Bears Junior Baseball Club
Community Grants Programme – Lane Cove
- Theatre Club
- Swim Club
- Greenwich Sailing Club
- St Andrews Uniting Church Longueville
- Youth Orchestra
- Much more…
what is the heart of willoughby project?
- A New Life Style Project for the young and young at heart.
- It will deliver a new Club Willoughby facility.
- It will incorporate Independent Seniors Living Units and Assisted Living Residential Age Care.
- A project that demonstrates design excellence through its architecture and extensive landscaped gardens and connected open spaces.
- It will incorporate community facilities and amenities to enhance the well being of future residents, club members and the broader Willoughby Community.
why is hyecorp involved?
- Hyecorp’s honoured to be part of Willoughby’s most exciting club and purpose built seniors living development
- We are all locals of the Willoughby LGA – We live, work and play within the Heart of Willoughby
- We understand the need to fill the gap of seniors living within the North Shore
- We want to see the Club become a vibrant place for the young and young at heart to gather
role of hyecorp
- Development partner of Club Willoughby
- Facilitate a smooth path to development approval
- Liaise with the community
- Construct a brand new state of the art club
the design & approval process
- 4-5 storey scale to the west of Penshurst Street
- Predominant 1-2 storey dwellings to the east
- ‘Fine-grain’ immediately adjacent to site boundaries
- Lower scale context
- Horsley Avenue Conservation Area to the south-east
- ‘Finer-grain’ built form character
- Private backyards and windows facing the site
- Existing War Memorial and Rose Garden
- Existing trees and unused bowling greens on site
- Existing east-west easement
- Sloping topography from west to east, with 4m variation in grand level height
- Close proximity to existing amenities
- Large land parcel in single ownership
- Club buildings out dated and in need of redevelopment
The strategy aims to:
- Retain and enhance the War Memorial as a focal point
- Locate lower scale fine-grain built form along the boundaries
- Provide a stepping down in scale from Penshurst St to the Crabbes Ave, Summerville Cres and Horsley Ave boundaries.
- Capitalise on potential district views
- Enhance and soften building forms with significant landscaping